“Some people look for a beautiful place.
Others make a place beautiful.”
– Hazrat Inayat Khan
Is Homeownership for you?
Homeownership can be a path to security, stability and greater financial wealth.
However, is homeownership the right choice for you?
Before making the decision, consider the advantages and disadvantages of owning your own home.
- Increase Long Term Wealth – As you pay down your mortgage, you are increasing your assets
- Increase in Security and Stability as there is no landlord making decisions for you such as raising your rent or not renewing your lease.
- Freedom to renovate and make changes to your living space
- Advantageous tax treatment through the capital gains exemption
- Potential for additional income through rental income
- Strain on your cash flow
- Extra monthly costs such as property tax, utilities and maintenance
- Unexpected costly expenses such as repairs
- Extra responsibilities such as a long term commitment to the property and the community
- Time commitment needed for regular maintenance and house upkeep
Home buying requires a well thought out plan.
Our Process takes you through 3 stages.
The Preparation – Planning for homeownership
The Reality – Preparing for the purchase of your home.
The Commitment – Setting up a long term homeownership plan.
If owning your own home is the right choice for you, start your plan today.
Products or services related to investments, investment recommendations, financial planning, retirement planning, and investment reviews are provided through our mutual fund dealer Security Financial Services and Investment Corp. 4665 Yonge Street, Suite 309, Toronto, ON M2N 0B4 t 416.964.0440
Insurance sales are not conducted through Security Financial nor are they the business of Security Financial.
Insurance sales are conducted through Qualified Financial Services (QFS), a Managing General Agency.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation.